Green mosaics are known for their ability to create a refreshed and soothing atmosphere within a room.
This beautiful Mosaic bowl is made using the tessera technique in Bali, Indonesia. It is fairly traded ensuring the artisans are paid a fair wage.
Mosaics have a long history, starting in Mesopotamia in the 3rd millennium BC. In antiquity, mosaics first were made of uncut pebbles of uniform size.
The Greeks, who elevated the pebble mosaic to an art of great refinement, also invented the so-called tessera technique.
Size: 28 cm. diameter
Shared Earth's mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged people in developing countries, benefiting local community projects and keeping alive traditional skills that would otherwise be lost.Shared Earth aims:
- To pay fair prices for products
- To always offer 50% payment upfront to overseas producers
- To ensure working conditions are acceptable
- To provide advice on design and product development
- To support suppliers and their local communities
- To avoid child labour
- To commit to long term relationships with suppliers