A bar of soap made with 100% pure Himalayan salt which has natural antibacterial properties. This soap is a great chemical-free alternative to other soaps.
Himalayan salt is rock salt formed 250 million years ago in what is now the Punjab region of Pakistan. Trace minerals in the salt give the characteristic pink and red colourations.
Cleans and detoxifies skin, leaving it smooth, soft and re-mineralised. Contains essential trace minerals, many of which allegedly act as potent treatments against skin conditions such as: Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Viral, bacterial, or fungal skin infections, Dermatitis, Athlete's foot, Strong body odour, Insect bites.
Also great for a morning shower to awaken the senses and brilliant for cleansing the face, this is one of our most popular soaps and once you’ve tried it you’ll see why.
This Himalayan Salt Soap bar gently cleanses and revitalises skin. It’s fantastic for sensitive skins or for those allergic to traditional soap and can help heal and control many problematic skin conditions.
Do not expect this product to lather up like a regular bar of soap but don’t let this put you off, it's because it doesn't contain chemicals common to some other soaps.
Gently and thoroughly cleanses your skin by improving the mineral status of your body and can stimulate blood circulation and detoxify the body by balancing systematic pH making it suitable for all skin types.
Naturally exfoliates dull dead skin cells with its crystalline structure whilst regulating the production of skin oil which allegedly aids the anti-ageing process.
When applied wet to the skin, it leaves an invisible, protective layer of salt that works throughout the day to prevent odour caused by the bacterial breakdown of perspiration.
Your skin will stay fresh and clean without clogging your pores making it a great aluminium free deodorant.
Fresh and invigorating this soap leaves your skin feeling amazing.
This soap is perfect for exfoliating body and feet or for use as a natural deodorant.
For extra exfoliation of cracked skin we suggest trying one of our Volcanic Lava foot stones.
The perfect choice for people sensitive to dyes, chemicals and fragrances in regular soap products.
How to use:
1. Apply the bar directly onto your skin during or after you shower. Don’t use it with other soap products if you want to get the most out of it and you must keep it dry between uses. We suggest one of our soap dishes to keep your soap drained and dry.
2. Place the bar gently into the bath water and let some of the bar dissolve in the water, we recommend for no longer than 5 minutes (making sure to leave it somewhere dry after) and this will soften your skin with the mineralised water. This method will sting though if you have open wounds.
3. Alternatively place a soft, damp cloth( try our natural muslin cloth)around the soap before rubbing it directly on your skin.
Approx size: 9x5x3cm
Made in Pakistan
Shared Earth's mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged people in developing countries, benefiting local community projects and keeping alive traditional skills that would otherwise be lost.
Shared Earth aims:
- To pay fair prices for products
- To always offer 50% payment upfront to overseas producers
- To ensure working conditions are acceptable
- To provide advice on design and product development
- To support suppliers and their local communities
- To avoid child labour
- To commit to long term relationships with suppliers