Easy DIY Halloween Yarn Ghosts - Plastic Free
Easy DIY Yarn Ghosts - Plastic Free
Halloween is only around the corner, but it can filled with a lot of one time use plastic. Here is how you can make plastic free, zero waste halloween decorations in only 10 minutes. These cute yarn ghosts require minimal materials, and can be great to do alone, with friends, or with kids.
What you will need:
- Pipe cleaners
1. Start by wrapping the yarn around a template of your choice. It will depend on the required length of your ghost. A book or DVD case is a good size. I wrapped this 25 times but it will depend on your requirements. Then use scisors to cut the yarn once you are happy.
2. Next take a separate piece of yarn and thread this underneath in the middle. Tie a knot as tight as possible.
3. Next once your knot is securely tied, slide the yarn off the template, keeping the knot in your hand.
4. Use scissors to cut the loop at the bottom and then neaten it up as required.
5. Take another piece of yarn and place it a quarter of the way down the ghost and tie a knot to create the head. Then wrap the remaining yarn around the knot to create an obvious neck.
6. Now cut small pieces from the end of your pipe cleaner and glue them on with your glue of choice.
7. Tie them to some rope, string, yarn, or pipe cleaners and hang where you wish.
And 'Voila' a row of super scary ghosties!