Random Acts of Kindness Day
A random act of kindness is an unexpected act of charity or helpfulness and is often done for a stranger.
Here is our top 10 list of kind acts. Why not try some out and see what happens?
1. Send a positive message to someone you think may be having a difficult time.
2. Let someone go in front of you in a queue.
3. Sit quietly with someone who needs a calm moment with support.
4. Be mindful of others' needs & offer a helping hand if you see a need.
5. Help out a single parent with chores or looking after the children.
6. Stop and talk to a homeless person and offer to buy them a sandwich or a mug of hot soup.
7. Lend a friend a book/film.
8. Call a someone who is carer and ask if you can visit & help out.
9. Take a friend/colleague to watch the sunrise or sunset.
10. Send a handwritten letter/note to someone you feel might be lonely & need hear some kind words of encouragement.
I feel certain that the list between us could be endless. Whatever you do just remember...
The key message today is embodied in the word 'random' (unexpected).
A colleague recently sent me the book ' The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse' by Charlie Mackesy. It is beautiful and full of insights & gems. I loved reading it but still I was intrigued as it wasn't my birthday. No, it was a random. And it most surely served it's intended purpose.
I leave you with a page from my treasured book, given randomly....
PS If you don't yet have the book, might I recommend it for yourself, a friend or a stranger?