Hand carved cutlery set knife, fork, spoon, and bamboo straw, plus straw cleaner in cotton pouch, tied with ribbon.
These products are handmade, not factory made – they are not smooth like plastic or machine but have a rustic feel. If you want to reduce plastic waste and tackle the climate crisis in a small way, these are a great choice.
Bamboo is truly a wonder plant. It is a symbol of strength, flexibility, and sustainability. Bamboo is a fast-growing grass, so fast growing it can grow up to one metre a day.
Once you have no further use for a bamboo product you can rest easy, knowing that it will return to the Earth leaving minimal environmental impact.
Approximate sizes: Closed Pouch: 25 x 7 x 1 cm.
Knife: 18 x 2.5 cm.
Fork: 18 x 2.5 cm.
Spoon: 16.5 x 3 cm.
Straw length: 20 cm.
Design of pouch material may vary from image as these are unique items made with different pieces of cloth.
Shared Earth's mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged people in developing countries, benefiting local community projects and keeping alive traditional skills that would otherwise be lost.Shared Earth aims:
- To pay fair prices for products
- To always offer 50% payment upfront to overseas producers
- To ensure working conditions are acceptable
- To provide advice on design and product development
- To support suppliers and their local communities
- To avoid child labour
- To commit to long term relationships with suppliers