A wonderful re-purposing use of a waste product. Made from cut out coconut shells. Coconut milk is key to much Balinese cooking which leaves a huge mountain of empty coconuts. Fortunately, Bali is packed with creative artists who put their skills to good use producing these decorative bowls that can be used in a wide variety of ways.
My favourite use for these is with a tea light as it throws magical mesmerising patterns through the cut outs. Fairly traded, supporting artisans in Indonesia.
-Decorative bowl with gold coloured lacquer inner
-Gold colour lacquered inner.
-Small round base
-Made from cutout coconut shell
-Approximate size: 10 x 8 cm.
-There will be natural variation as coconuts grow to different sizes
-Made in Bali, Indonesia
Shared Earth's mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged people in developing countries, benefiting local community projects and keeping alive traditional skills that would otherwise be lost.Shared Earth aims:
- To pay fair prices for products
- To always offer 50% payment upfront to overseas producers
- To ensure working conditions are acceptable
- To provide advice on design and product development
- To support suppliers and their local communities
- To avoid child labour
- To commit to long term relationships with suppliers