Extracted from the berries of a coniferous tree, juniperberry essential oil is recognized for its versatile uses and benefits. The scent is woody, spicy, and clean. When used for its aroma this oil has a calming and grounding effect and can also be diffused to help cleanse and purify the air. Juniper berries are a natural antiseptic, as is the essential oil. A room mist/air freshener made with juniperberry essential oil may help to kill airborne germs. Combine a few drops with water in a spray bottle.
Latin name : Juniperus Communis
Part of plant used : Berry
Source : Macedonia
Extraction method : Steam Distillation
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Some of the ways Aromatherapy essential oils are designed to be used:
- Bath- diluted 3-8 drops, undiluted 1-4 drops. Run your bath as usual, keep the door closed to keep the aroma in the room. To avoid skin sensitivity, dilute the essential oil first in a little carrier oil such as our sweet almond or apricot kernel.
- Foot bath- 5-8 drops in bowl of water. Fill a large bowl with warm water, add the essential oil, dispersing it well with your hand. For a very relaxing foot bath place some round. Smooth pebbles in the bottom of the bowl and rub feet back and forth gently over them. Soak feet for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Diffusers- for simple non-electric diffusers, fill the reservoir with water and add a few drops of oils. Make sure the water level is maintained so that the oils don’t burn.
- Massage oil- 10-30 drops to each 30ml of carrier oil.
- Pillows- 1-3 drops placed on the corner or underside of pillow away from eyes or on a tissue or handkerchief and tuck under corner of pillow.
- Room sprays- as a room purifier 10-20 drops per pint of water. Combine in a mister and shake vigorously as essential oils are not water soluble. Avoid spraying over anything that could be damaged by water.
Disclaimer re oils: The information regarding benefits of essential oils are intended for education and general interest. Whilst every effort has been made to provide accurate and up-to-date information, no expressed or implied guarantee as to the effects within the suggestions can be given nor should be taken either now or in the future. Any application of information given in the product descriptions is at the customer’s discretion and we assume no responsibility for any action taken and disclaim any liabilities for damages directly or indirectly either now or in the future. We recommend you consult an authorised aromatherapy practitioner when using essential oils for a specific health condition.
Ancient Wisdom Essential Oils are studiously selected, bought more often than not from primary sources, tested for purity and subjected to rigorous quality control standards. Ancient Wisdom are one of the UK’s top essential oil wholesalers.
Ancient Wisdom have been sourcing and bottling essential oils for over 22 years gradually weeding out unreliable supply lines and always striving to improve quality and value. We believe their essential oils offer the best quality and value on the market.
We have chosen for you a selection of oils that we use ourselves and feel will address a broad range of needs. We will be increasing our range as we expand .
We appreciate your feedback.