This bag has been hand screen printed in Kolkata, India and provides a fair wage for the person who made it. In addition, it is made of jute which is the second most important vegetable fiber after cotton and is a light, soft, shiny plant fibre that can be spun into coarse, strong threads.
Ditch plastic and use jute and protect the planet. Makes complete sense that the Hamsa Hand- the universal symbol of unity and protection is printed on this Jute Eco Shopper. Carry with pride.
Dimensions: 30 x 30 x 20 cm.
Handle length: 36 cm.
Jute is 100% bio-degradable and recyclable and thus environmentally friendly.
Shared Earth's mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged people in developing countries, benefiting local community projects and keeping alive traditional skills that would otherwise be lost.
Shared Earth aims:
- To pay fair prices for products
- To always offer 50% payment upfront to overseas producers
- To ensure working conditions are acceptable
- To provide advice on design and product development
- To support suppliers and their local communities
- To avoid child labour
- To commit to long term relationships with suppliers