This hand carved and painted T light holder in bright and bold lime green jumped out at me. It is Fair Trade and made in Kenya where your purchase makes a real difference.
Kisii Stone (soap stone) is hand mined without machinery in south western Kenya. The regional capital is Kisii from which the stone is named.
Each piece of stone is hand carved, a highly specialised job. The stone is then sanded and painted, and finally polished.
Sales of carved Kisii stone provides income for artisans and their families who help in the production process.
For use with T lights. You may like to try our gorgeously scented Organic Goodness T lights.
Approximate size: Height 4 cm.
Diameter at widest point 7 cm.
Made in Kenya
Shared Earth's mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged people in developing countries, benefiting local community projects and keeping alive traditional skills that would otherwise be lost.
Shared Earth aims:
- To pay fair prices for products
- To always offer 50% payment upfront to overseas producers
- To ensure working conditions are acceptable
- To provide advice on design and product development
- To support suppliers and their local communities
- To avoid child labour
- To commit to long term relationships with suppliers