Tangerine is a calming essential oil with a sweet, tangy aroma, similar to orange. It helps with occasional nervous irritability.
An excellent oil to help uplift the spirit and bring about a sense of security, tangerine is also rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene.
Aromatherapists consider this oil a powerful depurative. It helps in the excretion or removal of toxic and unwanted substances such as uric acid, pollutants, extra salt and water from the body through sweat, urine, and the excretory process. It increases the oxygen-retaining capacity of the erythrocytes (red blood cells), thereby refreshing and purifying the blood.
The essential oil of tangerine is known to soothe the body. It soothes all types of inflammation and hyperactivity in the organ systems functioning in the body, namely the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, nervous, and excretory systems.
It sedates inflammation from fever, the intrusion of poisonous substances in the bloodstream from external sources, convulsions, anxiety, stress, and hypersensitivity to allergies. It also sedates depression, anger, and impulsive responses.
As a stomachic, aromatherapists believe the essential oil of tangerine keeps your stomach in a good condition by maintaining a proper flow of digestive juices and maintains the right balance between the acid and bile so that excess acids are neutralized.
This also cures wounds, if any, in the stomach. It soothes the stomach and gives relief from inflammation.
Latin name : Citrus Reticulata
Part of plant used : Fruit Peel
Source : Brazil
Extraction method : Cold Expression
Some of the ways Aromatherapy essential oils are designed to be used:
- Bath- diluted 3-8 drops, undiluted 1-4 drops. Run your bath as usual, keep the door closed to keep the aroma in the room. To avoid skin sensitivity, dilute the essential oil first in a little carrier oil such as our sweet almond or apricot kernel.
- Foot bath- 5-8 drops in bowl of water. Fill a large bowl with warm water, add the essential oil, dispersing it well with your hand. For a very relaxing foot bath place some round smooth pebbles in the bottom of the bowl and rub feet back and forth gently over them. Soak feet for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Diffusers- for simple non-electric diffusers, fill the reservoir with water and add a few drops of oils. Make sure the water level is maintained so that the oils don’t burn.
- Massage oil- 10-30 drops to each 30ml of carrier oil.
- Pillows- 1-3 drops placed on the corner or underside of pillow away from eyes or on a tissue or handkerchief and tuck under corner of pillow.
- Room sprays- as a room purifier 10-20 drops per pint of water. Combine in a mister and shake vigorously as essential oils are not water soluble. Avoid spraying over anything that could be damaged by water.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Disclaimer re oils- The information regarding benefits of essential oils are intended for education and general interest.
While every effort has been made to provide accurate and up-to-date information, no expressed or implied guarantee as to the effects within the suggestions can be given nor should be taken either now or in the future.
Any application of information given in the product descriptions is at the customer’s discretion and we assume no responsibility for any action taken and disclaim any liabilities for damages directly or indirectly either now or in the future.
We recommend you consult an authorised aromatherapy practitioner when using essential oils for a specific health condition.
Ancient Wisdom Essential Oils are studiously selected, bought more often than not from primary sources, tested for purity and subjected to rigorous quality control standards. Ancient Wisdom are one of the UK’s top essential oil wholesalers.
Ancient Wisdom have been sourcing and bottling essential oils for over 22 years gradually weeding out unreliable supply lines and always striving to improve quality and value. We believe their essential oils offer the best quality and value on the market.
We have chosen for you a selection of oils that we use ourselves and feel will address a broad range of needs.
We will be increasing our range as we expand and appreciate your feedback.