Another ingenious use of waste materials.
Handmade in Bangladesh using recycled saris on a wire frame.
The upcycled material is tightly attached to the sturdy frame and stitched in place.
Comes with hanging loop.
Each product is handmade and unique, so colours vary. The picture is an example only.
Approximate size: Diameter 15cm; Height 17cm
Shared Earth's mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged people in developing countries, benefiting local community projects and keeping alive traditional skills that would otherwise be lost.Shared Earth aims:
- To pay fair prices for the products they buy
- To always offer 50% payment upfront to overseas producers
- To ensure working conditions are acceptable
- To provide advice on design and product development
- To support suppliers and their local communities
- To avoid child labour
- To commit to long term relationships with suppliers
This birdhouse has already attracted interest from a couple of birds who regularly feed at my feeding stations and they obviously think the colours are natural and safe these oval birdhouses are extremely well made and although they are upcycled they are very substantial and robust so do yourself a favour and the birds too and get yourselves one