Another ingenious use of waste materials. Handmade in Bangladesh using upcycled saris on a wire frame. The upcycled material is tightly attached to the sturdy frame and stitched in place. Comes with hanging loop.
Approximate size: Diameter 15 cm. Height 17 cm.
Each product is handmade and unique, so colours vary.
Shared Earth's mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged people in developing countries, benefiting local community projects and keeping alive traditional skills that would otherwise be lost.Shared Earth aims:
- To pay fair prices for the products we buy
- To always offer 50% payment upfront to overseas producers
- To ensure working conditions are acceptable
- To provide advice on design and product development
- To support our suppliers and their local communities
- To avoid child labour
- To commit to long term relationships with our suppliers
I bought two of these as totally gorgeous, well made and totally natural, it will make an interesting and thoughtful gift
Love the design and colours
Very well made, and very colourful bird pouch. Just hope the birds like it
A delightful bird nesting box. Sturdy and solid, despite its looks. Keeping my fingers crossed for tenants. Will probably suit small birds like finches or blue-tits.
This arrived the other day and I love it as it's bright and colourful and totally made from recycled plastic etc etc it's not only going to provide a nesting place for wildlife it's enabling us to help the planet out too I'm so glad I found this website and I'll be back many times